onsdag 21 oktober 2015

Module 3 week 3

Hello everyone!

This weeks task is to write about and analyze two advertisments that is not from my own organization. I have chosen to look at Efva Attling, because it´s a company in the are similar the my organization, I think it will be interesting to analyze a company in the same business. The second company is Willys, a swedish food chain that I weekly buy food from. 

Efva Attling

I will start by looking into Efva Attlings advertising. The adds are gorgeous, it is usually a nature theme with elements from nature as background. Because of the theme and style on the jewllery you can always tell it´s a Attling-add, even with not seeing the brand-name. 

When looking at Dr Cialdini´s 6 shortcuts there is nr 5, liking, that I think that match the advertising od Attling. Evfa Attling is a true inspiration and her personality goes through the whole company. You want to be as classy and styslih as her and the brand, then you buy the products. This is associated with nr 3 in the model, Authority. The brand gives us a opportunity to be part of all of this by buying a jewellry. 

The products are quite pricy and with a high price comes expectations of quality. According to The expectancy Disconfirmation Model Attling has to live up the these high expectations by making sure the jewellry and service are the best. Otherwise the customers will feel some dissatisfaction and reevaluate the brand.
But high expectations will make the customers satisfeid even if they are not fulfilled (video with Tore module 2). So maybe a high price and a cool brand can make us more satisfied than shopping at H&M?







Willys

So the second company to analyze is Willys "Sweden´s cheapest bag of groceries". This is a store I visit almost every week: I like the products and most of all, the prices! Willys has, according to me, been able to provide products that I can find in other food-stores but for a lower price. They also have a their own line of products in every Willys-store, a serie of cheaper products but with okey quality, a good alternative when you want to spend money on other things than food. 

I think it´s nr. 4, Consistency that is the one of the Dr. Cialdini´s 6 shortcuts that I can apply on Willys. As a customer you are being able to sign up and become a Willy´s customer with some even lower prices on different products each week. By signing up and and get something good out of it we have commited to be a loyal customer. When being in the store knowing you have better prices as some items makes me look for them and sometimes buy them even if I didn´t need it. I feel like I´m smart and economic by doing my grocery-shopping at Willys!

Since the prices are lower than many other food-companys, we might not have the same high expectations of the products as we use to have? We are looking for cheap groceries and that is what we get. Our expectations are being fulfilled according to The Expectancy Disconfirmations Model. 






2 kommentarer:

  1. I think that you have made a pretty good analysis of these two different ad´s. I find your reflections on Efvas ad interesting. It shows an example of a widely spreed use of well known persons in ad´s regardless if that person is or is not a part of the company behind that ad. Showing that liking and authority are important ways to persuade customers.

    SvaraRadera
  2. I agree that the Efva Attling add might also be using the principle of authority as well as liking. We know that Efva is a talented woman and perhaps even want to be a little bit like her when it comes to standing out, and therefore buying these symboles of us beeing trendy and aware.

    SvaraRadera